1. Emma in middle school next year and still misplacing her glasses, homework folder, checks for school lunches. Can't wait for this meeting at the school. You know, someone said maybe she needs some meat in her diet. I just want to clear that up–Emma does eat meat. I am a vegetarian and don't serve my kids meat in the house. But I've always told them it's up to them when we are out, or when they eat lunch at school. I want that choice to be up to them. Tess says she's a vegetarian, but she eats chicken from time to time. The person who brought it up was was just trying to be helpful and I think she may be on to something. I think Emma is eating way too much processed food.
2. Trying to explain royalties and book publishing to my neighbor this morning at the bus stop. She looked at me like I was crazy. "That makes no sense at all," she said. Yep.
3. Patches of sunlight on the road this morning.
4. I think I am at 3 miles, now. I need to get one of those counters to be sure. But that's cool–I am running 3 miles. Three years ago, I wasn't running at all and was too thin and not as strong as I am now. It feels good.
5. My mom's move this weekend. I hope that she just steps back and lets the movers do their job. I've done all I can.