1. The Virgin’s Lover by Philippa Gregory. I usually love her books. But I think I’m going to give up on this one. It’s the story of Queen Elizabeth and Dudley and I’m having a hard time liking either one of the characters. Especially him. And then there’s his wife, Amy. Such a namby-pamby, and not in an interesting way. I understand trying to be historically accurate and all that, BUT…Unless someone tells me it’s worth slogging my way through it, I’m ready to move on to something else. So many books–so little time.
2. I’m gradually feeling more myself. I’ve been really tired since the ear thing and I’m not bouncing back as quickly as I usually do.
3. So great to see Leeyanne yesterday. Time flies when we get together.
4. Emma’s Valentine dance tonight. She is one excited girl.
5. Tess is excited about tonight, too. She and I are going on a little date to see one of her best friends in a concert tonight.