1. How here I am, almost 48-year-old, getting ready to publish my first novel, after writing two cookbooks, countless articles and so on, and my mom says to me: “I wish you’d find something else to do. Go into teaching or something.” WHAT? lol.
2. The weird dreams I’m having.
3. Okay-I’m not really supposed to be running outside, but I couldn’t resist this morning. It’s drizzling and kind of warm. A great day for a run.
4. So I wrote a pie scene into the book and it was really fun. It’s actually not ABOUT pie, but Annie, my reporter-character interviews someone at a place called Pamela’s Pie Palace, on the outskirts of town. Black and white tile floors. Red vinyl booth seats. No food but pie. So one of the great things about fiction is you can make this stuff up. Sounds like a dream place to me…
5. Need to get my taxes done. It’s so tricky when you are an “independent contractor.”