1. Running on the track at the gym. I like looking out the windows. My favorite view is of an old big white clapboard farmhouse. A barn. A silo. Grass. Across the street is a warehouse. In the other direction, the hospital. In some ways this scene represents so much about the Shenandoah Valley.
2. Switching my music around. Sometimes running at the gym is a head game for me. I get so bored. I switch my music around. It helps.
3. My post on genre blending.
4. My knees are a bit sore because I’ve been running outside on the streets a lot. But I really like running in the heat.
5. Tess will be getting her tonsils out on Wednesday. A part of me is totally horrified by this. My baby going under freaks me out. I just keep thinking that in the long run this is going to be a really good thing for her—a child with countless sore throats, strep incidents, and really big tonsils that swell and make it hard to breath when she gets sick. It WILL be a good thing.