1. My daughter Tess is reading SCRAPPED. That kind of blows my mind.
2. She is not just working on a book. But a “series.” And so is my older daughter, Emma.
3. You know, I know a lot of kids that really love to write. I wonder what happens…many adults hate it.
4. But I read an interesting statistic that MOST people never read a book after they graduate from high school, YET something like 81 percent of the population says they dream of WRITING a book. hehe.
5. It may surprise a lot of people to know that if you want to write, it’s a good idea to read. Voraciously and not in your genre. It all informs your writing.