- Snipers are not always the bad guy. I don’t know where I had the idea that they were nothing more than cold, calculating killers. Um. Well, they can be when they have to be. But the sniper we spoke with considered himself successful because he’s never had to shoot a person. That says so much, doesn’t it?
- Sheriffs are extremely powerful.
- There are some bad cops out there. But for the most part these guys are good through and through. Sure, they make mistakes–but don’t we all?
- Women law enforcement officers have had to deal with a bunch of nonsense when joining forces everything from uniforms and shoes that don’t fit to finding adequate bathroom facilities.
- Being short doesn’t make you more of a target, necessarily. You can still be tough, if you know where to hit and concentrate on using your legs. And if you have a big mouth like I do, you can scream, and that will definitely help out.
Okay, I learned a lot more than five things, but you know I love the “five things” thing. So I thought I’d stick to it. Suffice it to say, there was so much to learn and do that I will definitely have to keep going back to keep learning. Bravo to Lee Lofland and the Writer’s Police Academy.
As for me, I barely unpacked and will be traveling to Albany, New York, where I’ll be attending Bouchercon, a mystery fan conference. Onward!