1. Dew sparkles on the grass.
2. Justin in my ear.
3. Shoes on pavement. One step at a time.
4. Bunnies everywhere!
5. Gorgeous day for a run, walk, or to sit outside and write. Word.
1. If someone could order a perfect autumn day off of a menu, this day would be it.
2. Blue skies. Sun rays coming through the trees. Leaves blowing in the cool breeze.
3. Cool breeze on my sweaty skin. Love it.
4. My joints hate me.
5. But my spirit is soaring.
1. Dust in the wind. What a great song.
2. Is it going to rain or what?
3. A major personal disappointment in my life a few weeks back. Still sorting through it. You know, you can only give people so many chances…
4. Hoping to put some time in on my Cumberland Creek series , book #4.
5. Feels like running in a sauna. It’s good. Sweating is good, good thing.
1. Running in the sprinkles. Ni-ice.
2. Rhiannon. Ohhhh. I love Stevie Nicks.
3. Edits, blog posts, book writing. which first?
4. Going to Reston on Saturday to sign books at Angela’s Happy Stamper. WOOT!
5. Oh, Reston, I sometimes miss you, with all of your culture and running trails and shops. But then I remember the traffic…
1. Getting this run in the wedge of time between “Oh it’s a beautiful morning” and “It’s just to effing hot to move.”
2. Today is the last day of school. Half day.
3. Summer of reading in the Bryan house. Both girls have huge lists–for school.
4. I’ve been reading–but not as much as I used to because of my writing. Weird how that works.
5. I miss all things New York City. Funny how that works.
1. The scent of sweet flowers on the breeze making me gag. Then I turn the corner and smell trash. Don’t know which is worse.
2. They say it might hit 90 today. I’m thinking they are wrong. but it’s warming up.
3. So much writing to do that I feel guilty taking 30 minutes to run. But it’s my sanity. And therefore a MUST.
4. Jen’s voice on the phone this morning. Gosh, I love her. 😉
5. Stage week for the girls dance showcase. Late nights. Short tempers.And last minute runs to the store for hairnets, bobby pins, and so on.
1. An outside run two days in a row. My joints are not happy with me.
2. Blowing pink blossoms falling into puddles. Pretty.
3. Malice Domestic is NEXT WEEK!
4. Shopping. Grrrr.
5. Pollen, pollen, everywhere….Ah-choo!
1. My daughter Emma auditioning for Les Mis today. She has such a strong spirit. She keeps auditioning for all these local plays, is good, and gets great feedback, but is never the right fit. But she keeps on going!
2. Tonight is my 50th b-day party. It’s going to be so much fun. I think. 😉
3. Water is a great thing. I want some.
4. Perfect cool morning for a run. Warm sun. Cool breeze. Ni-ice.
5. Should start everyday with a bit of chocolate. Yep.
1. Skipping out on Zumba to run because it’s such a gorgeous morning. Couldn’t resist!
2. Have I told you about the new title we are kicking around for book #3 in the Cumberland Creek Mysteries? Death of an Irish Diva. Fingers crossed that we use it!
3. It’s a bit windy. Sometimes I’m running against the wind–which reminds me of that Bob Seger song. Every time.
4. So much to work on–where to begin???
5. I love getting hot and sweaty and feeling the cool breeze against my skin.
1. Yep. I still love to run, but Zumba is a lot of fun, too, And I’ve been taking as many Zumba classes as I can manage.
2. March is an exciting month for me because of the Virginia Festival of the Book. I’m on a few panels and I love catching up with old friends and meeting readers.
3. Sometimes running is a slog. And most of the time it’s when I’m running at the gym. I can’t wait for some better weather.
4. Going to New York in May. Speaking of better weather. Had to cancel my last trip because of the hurricane. No more hurricanes in NYC, please!
5. Pie. Okay, so far NYC seems to have just about the best in everything. Except pie. Will I ever find good pie in NYC. Brooklyn is not included because I never have the time to head out to Brooklyn, even though I LOVE it. 😉