- Adoring these cool mornings. I can’t run outside in the heat…
- Book signing on Saturday at the B& N in Charlottesville at 1! I love getting out and about meeting readers!
- Tough morning for all of us. Sometimes I wonder if three-day weekends are worth it!
- I love Morcheeba–especially Run, Honey Run.
- Can’t get over DEATH AMONG THE DOILIES being selected as staff pick of the month at Kensington. Click this to find out more–but I am so honored!
I’m so excited to be attending the Virginia Festival of the Book in Charlottesville, Va. this upcoming weekend.
For me the festivities start on Friday evening with some social events for mystery writers. On Saturday, I’ll be attending the Crime Wave Brunch, which I LOVE because I’ll be sitting with mystery readers and chatting.
I’ll be at the Sisters in Crime booth from 2 to 3 (or so). And my panel is at 4:00 pm. “We weren’t expecting murder.” That title hints at how much fun this panel is going to be. It’s going to be a long day for me, I fear, but so much fun hanging out with mystery readers and writers.
All of my events on Saturday will be at the Omni, right on the Downtown Mall.
On Sunday, I’ll be at the Charlottesville B & N with many other romance and mystery writers at 3:00 p.m.
See you there!
1. Such a gorgeous morning for a run. Sky is blue. A bit of a cool breeze against the heat. Ni-ice.
2. Angst. Okay so I’m 7 months away from the release of SCRAPBOOK OF SECRETS. My emotions about it are everywhere—excited, proud, scared, dread. The dread is about the marketing stuff, which all writers have to come to terms with now. And once I am in it, it’s not so bad. It’s just that thinking about it can be overwhelming.
3. But I am finding a lot of support with other fiction authors—especially mystery writers.
4. I might go and have lunch with the Literary Ladies that Lunch today in Charlottesville. If Eric can get home in time for me to go–to stay with the kids.
5. The heat is taking over. By the end of my run, I can see it’s going to be a hot and sticky day.
1. My sister is having a rough time of it. Ever on my mind and in my heart.
2. Late runs are always harder on me…
3. Orange thread. Neon pink. Neon green.
4. My submitting to magazines class next Sat. WOOT. How I love the Writerhouse in Charlottesville.
5. Damn. I needed this.
1. Why can't it ever be as quick and simple as "We LOVE your book…let's get a contract to you immediately.." ?
2. I need boxes. (Jennifer, do you have any?)
3. Spending the day with my sweetie. He's finally taken a day off.
We're going to C-ville and he's dropping me off at Milan for LLL.
Wondering if Janis and Jenny will be there today?
4. The jogger Tink hates passed me by easily today. Wow, he's got some muscles in his legs.
5. Starting to research for our trip to London. Anybody know any great
deals? We are planning a spring/early summer family trip. (That is,
probably, until we see how much $$$. But we both feel that travel is
one of the best things you can do for your kids and so we are trying…)
1. Emma's dreams. So detailed and rich, like mine. I try to ask her every morning what she dreams about. I ask, Tess, too. Sometime she has a good one, but this morning she said "I can't remember my dream, Mother." (It just kills me when she calls me Mother…usually is Mama..) Reminds me of when she was like 2. In the middle of the night I woke up to her thrashing around in her crib and calling out for me :"I lost my binky, Mother." ;-) It was funny, even at 3 a.m.
2. I need a trip to Charlottesville. Just not sure which day.
3. Timing is everything. And mine always seems to be off.
4. New runner in the neighborhood–a man, youngish, wearing a heart monitor.
5. I reallllllly need a hair cut.