- The scent of honeysuckle thick in the air.
- Pine cones hanging heavy on the limbs.
- The field of wildflowers that I pass by every day is getting smaller. But it’s hanging on. Yes, indeed.
- I’ll be heading to Frankfurt a week from today–weeee!!!
- Such a gorgeous day. Warm, with a nice little breeze. Perfect morning for a run.
1. Whoossshh! Is that honeysuckle I smell already?
2. Pretty little snail crossing the street. Okay. So I helped her a little–else she get crushed.
3. Can’t believe the kids will be out of school next week.
4. That always puts me in a mad rush to get things done.
5. Already thinking about lunch. My strawberries in vanilla yogurt with oatmeal sprinkled on top. YUM.
1. Finally, a run. Missing a run yesterday was not a good thing.
2. I am running through clouds and smelling honeysuckle. Honeysuckle
reminds me of a poem I wrote a LONG time ago. If I can find it, I'll
3. My poems are scattered in boxes and on disks. Really, I should get
this part of my life together.
4. Talking history, eating pie, and drinking wine. Lovely image.
5. Thinking about New York City. I had planned to go to Book Expo next
week and even got a press pass. Then I decided not to go–for a lot of
reasons. Now, I am kinda sorry because I keep getting invites to the
coolest events. Also, I wanted to see if my pie book is out on the
floor–is anybody going and could check this out for me? Look in the
Random House booth–the Ten Speed Imprint section?
1. Wilting honeysuckle blossoms.
2 They way every time I think of honeysuckle it reminds me of Wolf Trap
and this one night I had there, listening to Sarah Vaughn.
(Incredible.) I wrote a poem about it–if I can find it, I'll post it.
But I was on a date with someone who turned out to be quite the ass.
The world is full of them, heh? It's so hard to tell at first–but it
always comes out it the wash, hopefully sooner rather than later.
3. Ohmmm Pie, ohmmmm Pie…shanti, pie.
4. Girls going away this weekend, leaving Eric and I to ourselves. That
hasn't happened in a LONG time. He's not going to his folks house with
his sister and the girl because he has work to do.
5. The way you can work through some pain and be okay. I didn't think
I'd make it this morning, my thighs were burning, but I kept going and
it was fine.