1. Want my Tess home. My day won’t be right until she comes home. I know she’s fine. The Pickerings are a wonderful family. I just miss her.
2. Gorgeous day. Go outside, friends. Walk. Run. Dance. Glory in the day!
3. Jen and I complaining about our aches and pains, like a couple of old ladies. But we are in pain because we are working out. And that’s a good thing.
4. Hoping to get lots done on my book this week. But I need to finish my gingerbread tin article and get my newsletter updated, as well. And the girls are off from school tomorrow.
5. Can’t wait for Thursday. My first official appearance as a mystery author–and I’ll be on a panel with some wonderful people. Check out the festival.
Here’s a bit about what I’m doing. I’ll be signing pie books and giving away a copy of an ARC of Scrapbook of Secrets.
WHODUNIT? |A DAY OF MYSTERY MADNESS FOR MYSTERY FANS
When: Thursday, October 13 | 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Venue: The Library of Virginia
Fee and registration for lunch; panels are free of charge but require advance registration
If you are a fan of the genre, then don’t miss this event that hosts a dozen of the best mystery writers in the business for a reader-friendly, interactive and fun day of discussion and insight. There will be break-out panels in the morning and afternoon to enjoy casual conversation and Q&A, and a lunch hosted by the venerable author and People’s Choice Award nominee Donna Andrews. Book signings will be available throughout the day. This powerhouse lineup of talent includes Donna Andrews, Mollie Bryan, Meredith Cole, Ellen Crosby, Jan Neuharth, Alan Orloff, Brad Parks, Sandy Parshall, David L. Robbins, JB Stanley, Andy Straka, and Irene Ziegler.
Moderators are Art Taylor, Steve Weddle, Katherine Neville and Meredith Cole.
9:30 – 10:30 – “What Comes First: Plot of Character?” — moderated by Art Taylor featuring Orloff, Crosby, Cole, Andrews and Bryan.
10:45 – 11:45 – “Professionals v. Amateurs” – moderated by Steve Weddle featuring Neuharth, Straka and Stanley.
1:30 – 2:30 – ” THE CUTTING EDGE: What makes a thriller different from a mystery? ” – moderated by Katherine Neville featuring Parks, Parshall, Robbins, and Ziegler.